Thursday, June 14

DYSU #76 - Boys / Men



Hey everyone!
Welcome to a new challenge at Do You Stack Up?! 

This week is all about the man and boys in our lives. 
We want you to create anything masculine.  Whether is to celebrate Father’s Day or for a birthday as long as it is masculine…. Bring it on!!

For this week we have three great sponsors:

$15 Gift Certificate 



Winner’s Choice of 7 Images


Winner's Choice of 5 Digital Stamps (not Sets)


Before engaging in our usual business, we want to give a great welcome to our new designers by telling a little about each one of them.  We are lucky to have such a wonderful group of talented women sharing their art with us.


Let's meet our new designers!!!!



My Photo  

Hello! I´m Archana Bhurke.I live in Buxheim,Germany with my loving and supportive Husband and my 6yrs old adorable daughter. I did my masters in Botany but ended up working as a Diamond Jewelry Designer for european market.
I have always had keen interest in Fine Arts and tried my hand at several art forms  from jewelry designing , painting, sketching, paper crafting and card making.I enjoy to create something pretty with papers.
I took card making seriously 4 years back when my daughter started going to kindergarten and started my blog in Jan 2011.I absolutely love to be a part of this crafty global community.
I´m so excited and honoured to be a part of Do You Stack up Team.
Cheer
Archana


I am a 25 year old stay at home, soon to be Mommy and wife to the most incredible man. We live on a little farmstead just outside of Edmonton, Alberta and I couldn't imagine a sweeter life. Paper is one of my obvious delights, but I take great joy in gardening, baking, reading and other domestic privilages as well!
I am so excited about this oppertunity to work with the DYSU team. Paper has long since been an obsession of mine, I can remember starting a scapbook when I was 5! Over time I have discovered my own style and find that the closer I stick to who I am as a crafter, the happier I am with the results. Paper crafting is such a neat way for me to express myself, and my love of family to those around. Between my husband and I we have 25 siblings + inlaws and the next generation. I'm constantly being given fantastic reasons to craft.

My Photo

I live, work and craft a happy life from Moncton, NB. My weekdays are spent working in the telecommunications industry. Away from work, creative pursuits occupy my time. I started making cards in 2009 and my lifelong love of paper, ribbon, buttons and ink finally found an outlet! I love the thought of showing my affection for family and friends with a heartfelt, handmade card.
I began blogging about my efforts in 2011 and quickly found online challenges as a tool to improve my understanding of design and techniques. Of course, I'm still learning...and always will be! Cardmaking has brought so many blessings my way. I've been published in Paper Crafts magazine and am honored to be a design team member for The Alley Way Stamps. Now, I'm doubly blessed to be part of the Do You Stack Up Design Team! The opportunity to work with such a talented group of designers is a joy in itself!


My Photo
I have been doing fine art, crafting, sewing, knitting, collaging and photography for as long as I remember.  My style changes as the wind blows.  I used to rage against this while trying to carve my “niche” so to speak but I’ve learned to love how versatile my taste can be, ever changing and ever evolving.  I am a stay at home, 39 year old Mother of two super, extra-delicious, fantastic children ages 7.5 and 6 respectively; I have a loving and supportive husband of 15 years along with an awesome dog named Katie.
I have always loved making things with my hands.  I specifically ADORE making cards, scrappy projects and alterable creations.  I find inspiration EVERYWHERE.  I consider myself very blessed to be able to do what I LOVE every single day!"
So excited to be creating with you all! 
Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

We are so happy to have you as part of our design team.
You can see all of our new Design Team together with the rest of the 2012 TERM 2 Design Team HERE. 

And now to our regular schedule ;)


Joining us this week as our Hand picked Guest Designer, 

please welcome Helen Berry!



I'm Helen and I live in West Oxfordshire, near the Cotswolds in the UK.  I've been married to my husband Jon for 10 years and we have two gorgeous little boys aged 8 and 5.  My love of papercrafts started back in 2007 when I was unable to find a personalized, handmade Christening card for the daughter of a close friend of mine, so I ended up making my own!   I quickly became addicted to cardmaking, although I've been creative my whole life in one way or another.  My mum taught me to knit and sew, and were always teaching craft classes or preparing for craft fairs in my teenage years. Mum & Granny always had knitting, patchwork or crochet on the go!!
I love making cards, although I do scrap-booking and make mini albums - I love to make jewelry and dabble in home decor.  My latest craze is making my own unique soaps using my clear stamps.  I'm hooked!! I'm always experimenting with new techniques and digital stamps and papers and love anything vintage or shabby - I simply can't get enough of buttons, lace, ribbon, twine and pearls!! I grew up in rural Norfolk and am inspired by nature - I have a real fondness for the roses in my garden, I guess I'm a country girl at heart :)

For her card, Helen is using an image from Melonheadz.  
Here is her beautiful card:




Now get inspired by our Design Team:


With Images from Melonheadz:


Denise


With Images from Bugaboo Stamps:

Ren Yi

Wenche

Sanye - Our special guest from Bugaboo Stamps.



With Images from Wonderstange:

Jan

Archana


Meredith

Pandy


With other images:

Pauline P







We hope you have a
Happy Crafting Time and
share your precious creations with us!!




A FEW RULES
  • Our DT would love to leave comments on your blogs, please remove word verification to make this process easier (see right side bar for a how-to guide).
  • Only 3 entries per person per Challenge.
  • Make sure to link back to this challenge and mention it on your blog in your blog post.
  • No back linking.
  • Entries that do not fit the requirements will not be eligible for Winner or Top 3.
  • Mr. Linky closes at 5pm on Tuesdays.

10 comments:

Gerda said...

Great DT projects!!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

dj1952 said...

Beautiful cards by the DT. Thanks for your great challenges. Hugs, dj1952

CraftyGirl said...

The DT's out did themselves. Wonderful works of art. Thanks for letting me play this week.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Lisa Minckler said...

Thank you for the challenge. What a talented group of DT's here. All the projects and cards are sensational!

Riti said...

Thanks for the fun challenge.
The DT cards are just fabulous !

Hugs,
Riti

ThePurplePlace said...

The DT did a fabulous job with inspiration for this challenge! Loved all the cards and how different they all were!!

I'm also a huge fan of Bugaboo and really happy to see they are the sponsor for this challenge!!

Thanks for the fun!!

Lisa

DIANA L. said...

great Dt inspiration thank you for the fun challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Congrats to the new DTeamies! Smiles..
Great inspiration as always.. :)
Hugs,
Krafty Karen.xx

Debbie said...

Great creations from all the DT.Love all the images used.Hugs Debbie x

Heidi Brawley said...

AWESOME DT creations!!!!